Top Notch Construction has been contracted to build a new construction 54′ x 128′ x 14′ solar front cattle shed 5 miles north of Fennimore, WI. This cattle facility will include grooved concrete cow alley, water pads, pre-engineered trusses, “Sunsky” panel on front pitch, overhead door, and roll-up curtain.
Solar front sheds are highly recommended for the health and well-being of livestock. Some other benefits of agricultural buildings with natural ventilation include:
- no energy costs from electrical components
- greatly increased animal safety due to lack of electric fans, etc.
- animal health benefits from moisture and heat buildup reduction
- solar Sunsky front and ventilation keeps bedding drier longer
Work done by our crew will include:
- Custom design
- General contractor supervision.
- Concrete foundation, floors, walls, and alleys.
- All structure construction
- Installation of roll-up curtain
Anticipated completion date: Summer 2016.